Thursday, March 1, 2012

Five Years

Five years ago today, I was given hope.

Five years ago today, I was given answers.

Five years ago today, I was finally told that someone knew what I had.

Five years ago today, I was told that it would be a long road to recovery.

Five years ago today, I was told that it would take two years for my test to turn positive.

Four years ago today, I still struggled on antibiotics.

A little over three years ago today, I had a picc line.

Three years ago, my test turned positive.

Two years ago, I turned the tide and slipped quietly into remission.

One year ago, I started quietly fighting the Lyme fight again.

And here I stand today, side by side with my LLMD smiling because I know that five years ago he was right. I have Lyme and it's written all over my forehead!

No comments: