Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hello Strangers

Six full days since my last post. What have I been doing? There is nothing much to report. My hubby began a 42 day crazy diet (from here on out referred to as CD) given to him by my crazy doctor. I hope it works. He's only the 13th patient to start this CD with my doctor, but he's seen it work and knows that we will try the extreme to help Lyme so why not give this a try. I don't want to get into the specifics of the medical aspect of this CD because I don't want anyone to give it a try on their own.

But in addition to some specific medications that were prescribed by my crazy doctor, my husband is going to be having 2 days of crazy fat foods. He's to eat burgers, cheeses, carbs, ice cream, and whatever else he desires that has high fat content. THEN, for 40 days he can only consume 500 calories a day along with these prescribed things that I don't want to get into. It surely will be interesting. My doc's first patient is someone that works in his office. He's completed the 42 day CD and he's been in the maintenance phase for a while too and he's still within 2 pounds of the last day of his diet.

Anyways, we're kind of excited about it. (He's very excited about it, but I'm a little worried. Probably because I wasn't actually at the appointment to hear all about it from the medical doctor). So wish us luck. Him for committing to it and me for ... having to deal with him committing to it. ;)

My cold is *almost* finished. The only thing that's still bothering me is the cough. So I still say Yeah for IV Vitamin C! I was supposed to get blood work next week, but have postponed it one full week due to circumstances out of my control. One thing they are testing for is Iron and well .. as all you ladies know .. there is something that happens once a month that depletes a bit of Iron so I want to get that all out of the way before they test my Iron. The other thing was that my boss forgot I needed the morning off and scheduled me to work. So instead of having her to rearrange the work schedule, I just rearranged my blood work. It was so much easier and they had availability so that made me happy on both ends.

This coming up week has the potential to break my immune system. Two afterwork events. One is CPR training (which means I'll be in a small room with a lot of people; more than likely other people that I'm not around all day either which increases my chance to get sick). So to help me with this potential illness catcher, I'll probably do one week of magical drops to help. I'm not sure if it will or not, but I'd rather do something and try to prevent it than to have to get another IV after I've caught it.

Alright have a good week. You may or may not hear from me again with the exception of the RAW(e) post should I have a photo to post.

No comments: