Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anger

Nothing makes me angrier than a physician that won't be proactive in treating tick borne illnesses. In less than a week, I know of one two three people that have been bitten by a tick. In one case, the child still had a bit of the tick inside her. The physician recommended that the tick would just fall out eventually. I was irate. Actually, irate doesn't even begin to describe it! I wanted to go ring that physician's neck!

What I don't get ... Physicians will give antibiotics (Doxycycline to be more specific) for YEARS to someone who has ACNE ... yet they won't give it to someone who has been bitten by a tick. On our local news station they were just speaking about how they were now giving Antibiotics to those with Irritable Bowel Syndome ... yet they won't give it to someone who has been bitten by a tick.

I am so frustrated. I want to share my story with the world. If my parents had taken me to a physician in 1995 when I was bitten, I might not have a story to tell. Then again in 1995, they would not have given me the antibiotics I needed to eradicate the illness promptly. They won't even do that in 2010. Who knew that something so small could pack such a powerful punch? My only wish is that the three ticks that were biting this week were not carrying any illnesses. My other wish is that doctors would get educated about Lyme Disease.



Open Eye Pictures has a deal going on right now (May 2010). It's called a Doc for a Doc. Buy one DVD and get the 2nd one free. I bought my copy. I've had it (and the free one) in my possession the last week, but today I was sparked to purchase two more. So by Friday, I should have six copies in my house. What do I need with six copies you ask? It's simple: EDUCATE 2 ERADICATE!


Buy one today and get one free.

Also check out my friend's Lyme Shirt. Click on it to buy and to check out her other designs.

No comments: