Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm Alive

I've had a rough go of it the past week, but I'm still alive.

I'll just go through a run down of everything that has happened (good and not so good).

1. Slept wrong Friday night which caused a severe pain in my neck. I couldn't look up and down or side to side for most of Saturday and Sunday. Finally Sunday evening I started to have more mobility in my neck, but I began to wonder if I'd even be able to drive on Monday. Woke up Monday and it was better. I could move it more, but it definitely wasn't normal.

2. Tuesday I whacked my ankle on a metal stool. Immediate pain, but then it eased off. I was relieved until later. Tuesday night I could barely walk. My ankle was swollen so on went the brace & heat (would have used ice, but I was going to bed and didn't feel like getting up to dump the ice out once it became water .. I know lazy, but it hurt to walk). I had to use the brace all day on Wednesday. I took it off yesterday to see how things were progressing and they have cleared up nicely.

3. I've worked 7 & 8 hour days the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm doing really well with the stamina. Last week I worked a full 40 hour week for the first time in almost 2 years. This week I was scheduled for 40, but it will more than likely be a 38 hour week. Hey 38 is better than almost 30.

4. Spring has arrived. So have allergies. They're starting. I felt a twinge of reaction last night so I went ahead and took my magic drops. Hopefully I can ward this reaction off to a minimum. Usually turns into full fledge sinus infections which turns into Pneumonia or Bronchitis. I'm hoping that by catching it early that will reduce it. I began even earlier by starting my magic drops Monday to Thursday. Gave myself a few days break and started again. Really these drops should only be taken 4 days at a time with a 3 days break. Though I've been approved to go longer, I'd rather do the 4 days on and 3 days off.

5. This morning I got up ... in the dark. I couldn't find the light switch nor would the remote control work for the over head light. So I wound up falling out of bed trying to reach the lamp. It didn't hurt then, but bet it's going to hurt later. Then I walked to the computer and ... thought the screen was dirty and that my glasses needed cleaning because I couldn't see at all. Uh yeah. I forgot to put on my glasses.

6. It's Thursday. Survivor had a special night showing last night and boy was it awesome! AWESOME!


Lisa Buffaloe said...

Ouch! Goodness, I think we need to wrap you in Bubble wrap.

Praying for quick healing and protection!

Jennifer said...

I'm not sure why I'm this clumsy this week, but at least I'm still in one piece. :)