Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy 3rd Anniversary

When I walked (barely) into my new doctor's office 3 years ago today, I had no idea what was going to happen. Honestly, I was anxious that this doctor would be a let down. I feared that he would say exactly what every other doctor had said the past 12 years. It was all in my head. I left out of his office (three years ago today) with hope.

Thirteen months ago I was taking these: (and that wasn't all of them ... and it doesn't include the IV's that I was on until February 2009)



I am amazed and how much better I feel than I did even a year ago.

***
It's amazing how far Integrative Medicine has brought me in THREE YEARS. I could barely stay awake and it hurt to walk. The symptoms I had were too numerous to name, but let me try:

Profound Fatigue
Severe Headaches
Fevers on some days and extreme Low Temperature on the next.
Extremity Weakness
Tingling of my hands and feet
stiff neck
difficulty swallowing
light, sound, smell sensitivity
dizziness and fainting
ringing ears and stuffed ears making it difficult to hear
history of seizures
difficulty sleeping b/c of pain
memory problems
word finding problems
decreased concentration
personality changes
spots in my vision
pain in my eyes
blurriness
rashes (EM Rash & other minor rashes)
fluttery heart
Joint Pain (most of my joints)
Muscle Pain (mainly my legs and arms)
Nausea
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Intense and rapid weight loss
And then the opposite happened .. rapid weight gain
Muscle Twitches
Extreme Sweating at night


I know there are others, but I can't think right now because it was so long ago.

I gave my doctor a book and in the book there was a quote about how "believing is ninety percent of doing." I am so glad he believe in me. I am so glad I believed in him.

4 comments:

Amy B said...

I am so glad you have come so far. Looking forward to catching up on your blog,

Jennifer said...

Amy if you check out over on the right there are several of my most important blogs near the top. :)

oh btw: Today you cracked (pun intended) me up!

Kara said...

Thank goodness you found your doctor! The Lord has a way of leading us to those who can help us just when we need it -- for some of us, just in the nick of time.

Congrats on the great strides you have made in recovering your health!

Your article in P.H.A. is great, by the way. Sure hit home with me... I definitely have a foot in both worlds.

Jennifer said...

Kara, the article should have been somewhat familiar. I wrote something similar a year or so ago on the blog! :) I reworked it to be PHA worthy (instead of just blog worthy.

:)