Saturday, February 6, 2010

Interupting I love series

for an I hate moment:

PICC scar closer to the edge of the shirt and the two bumps out closer to the crook of my arm



Bumps like those are getting on my ever lasting nerve!

I thought they were improving. Last month, I had (as far as I know) three total. All at the beginning of the month. So I went almost 25 days without one (as far as I know). Reason I say (as far as I know) is that unless they wake me up in the middle of the night, I am not aware whether they are there or not. Also if they show up in the middle of the day and don't itch, I may not realize they are there (especially since I typically wear long sleeved shirts and don't see the area).

So far this month, I've had 8. EIGHT! Eight bumps in 6 days! I had one on the 2nd, FOUR on the 3rd and THREE tonight! I woke up with an itch and knew just by feeling my arm that it was huge. I always reach there and feel for the spot and then feel around the area to find out whether there is an actual bump before turning on the light to verify.

There is no rhyme or reason for the bumps. There is no particular fabric I am wearing to cause it or the time of day. Some happen in the morning, some in the afternoon and some very late at night. Some go away after 30 minutes while others last hours. (typically though they happen during hours my doctor's office is not open or last short enough when they are open that I can't get there in time to show off these bumps)

It's extremely difficult to take a photo of the bumps. You can see the bump, but this is the best photograph I could capture. Close to the edge of the shirt is my picc line scar .. closer to the cook of my arm is the massive bump. If you see it in person, you would see the huge bump plus two smaller ones near it. My smart doctor has NEVER seen anything like it. Leave it to me to be unique in this way.



Your regularly I Love Series will return later today! Crazy picc bumps. I hate em!

No comments: