- Saw 14 Lyme Friends
- Had 11 Non Lyme friends and family there to support me.
- I knew many others that were there.
- I was overwhelmed. I shed a tear or two or maybe twenty.
- I took over 300 photographs at the walk.
- I only deleted 10 of them due to blurriness (I'm improving).
- I took a picture of a Lyme friend that told me yesterday that she takes horrible pictures - that no one can take her picture. I said she hadn't met me yet and I'd get a great shot. Challenge accepted - I squatted down - I had her smile - I snapped the shot. And in ONE try - it was perfect. :} I can't wait for her to see it on her computer!
- My Mom & Brother came out to support me. I wasn't expecting them and they showed up. I shed a tear or two - okay maybe twenty.
- An AWESOME blog reader of several years & his wife came - I took tons of pictures of them, but failed (this is what happens when I'm the photographer!) to get a picture of the three of us together. Guess it just means we'll have to hang out again in the future and get that photo. Sometimes I wonder if my blog is reaching anyone. I wonder if I'm just writing a journal to myself. That's why I started Living the Lyme Life in the first place. And then, just when I was thinking about giving it up - stepping back - I get an email. Yes, I am reaching people. One - Two - Twenty thousand. It doesn't matter. I reached one. One is enough for me.
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Today was the 5K. I will write more in depth tomorrow, but I wanted to make a list of the "cool" things that happened today.