Sunday, March 18, 2012

Proud friend

Not too long after I got married, I began to work in retail. On my very first day, I began a friendship. This friendship grew and her family would come into the store to shop. Her little brother was one of those kids that just oozed with confidence. In fact, it was a step above confidence. It was cockiness. It was annoying yet in a small way endearing. As time passed and I left that job, I continued my friendship with the family. They really are like another family to me. I know if I needed anything at all that they would be there for me as I have tried my best to be there for them. I have been to wedding showers, weddings and funerals. I have seen their job and their sadness. They've seen my joy and my struggles.

In the last ten years, I have watched this kid grew up in more ways than one and not too long ago he fell in love. It was one of those love at first sight moments. As soon as he saw her, he knew she was meant for him. They dated shortly and he proposed. Today, I celebrated with his family as their wedding date comes near. I had such a good time hanging out with my friend, her little brother who has in time become a friend of mine and meeting his beautiful fiance. I'm such a proud friend to watch this "kid" grow into a man.

No comments: