Friday, March 30, 2012

Dependable Jennifer

I always pride myself on doing the right thing. I am dependable. Someone needs me, I am there. No matter how badly I feel. I feel that it is one of my best attributes and my biggest weakness. So on Monday, there was a huge shock wave and I was asked to come to the rescue. I did. I will.

A friend of mine had a baby on Monday. It was a surprise to everyone. So the week where I should have only worked 3 hours, I worked about 14 hours. Next week, where I really just wanted to rest and relax and maybe clean a little house ---- I am scheduled to work over 18 hours. While this may not sound like a lot, it IS a lot for me right now.

Yesterday, I went to hang out with my best friend and very shortly after I arrived I had to leave. I couldn't keep my eyes open and my body was aching in great pain. I slept last night for 11 hours (without Melatonin) and woke up fatigued (after a b12 shot last night) and in pain. I was crushed. I have today, tomorrow and the following day to get it together before I have two very full days. I also have a lot of work to do for college.

Like I said, my best attribute and my biggest weakness. It's hard for me to say no when someone needs me and even worse it's hard for me to ask when I need something in return.

No comments: