Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Post Lyme - Lunch

For the past few weeks I have been planning a Lyme lunch with some of my closest Lyme friends and Lyme friends that I've not yet to meet. When planning things like this, it's always an unknown as to who can come. I invited 50 people knowing that 25 of them were just too far to come, but I didn't want them to feel left out. On Wednesday night, I knew that 18 people on my list to come. However, Saturday morning I got a call from one of my best Lyme friends saying that she had an accident Friday night and was in a lot of pain. This mean that it was down to 16. Also, two others got really ill during the week, so it was down to 14.

Then I got a phone call from another Lyme friend saying that her brother wanted to come. So we were back up to 15 and then I found out about another girl that could come so we were back to 16. As Lyme goes, that's amazing. Two friends didn't show up. It worried me because for one of them I knew something really bad must have happened for her not to come. She was really looking forward to it.

All in all, we wound up with 14 people ~ 10 Lyme patients and 4 family members. This is outstanding! Out of the 10 Lyme patients: I knew 4 of them in person already and one was me so I met 5 NC Lymies on Saturday! We had such an outstanding time.

No comments: