Friday, July 15, 2011

Be Our Guest

So last week, my boss called me to the office. She told me that "they" had been thinking about me and a "fun" project she wanted me to do. When I asked who "they" were, it was my boss and another school director. Well sometimes these "fun" projects aren't exactly fun. Sometimes they are very boring. I waited for her to spit it out.

She asked for me to go over to another school to be Snow White. Well, that fell through for the week, but then another teacher said since I was already being Snow White that I should be Belle at our school. Well, that happened yesterday. I don't do anything 1/2. So my coworker brought her former boss's costume. I slipped into an empty classroom and applied make-up. Though that did have to be done 1/2 b.c I threw away all of my foundation a few months ago.

I just don't wear make-up. I feel itchy and uncomfortable so I just don't use it at all. Since this foundation was about 10 years old, I simply tossed it. I didn't however toss my powder, eye shadows or lipsticks so I went off to work with my tools in a shoe box (should have packed my caboodle, that would have been a blast from a past!). I put on the powder, a ton of eyeshadow, lipstick and mascara and went off to find someone that could fix my hair.

I can do a lot of things, but I haven't mastered a "pretty" up-do. I have mastered the simple bun and pony tail, but pretty Belle do ... well my hair has always been a mystery to me and yesterday my hair was particularly grumpy. So, I called for back-up. Then the back-up called for back-up. I wish I had pictures because wowzer it looked awesome (especially for a 5 minute fix with no bobby pins or hairspray).

I slipped into the bathroom where there was a whole debacle. I felt kind of like it was my wedding day EXCEPT I failed to remember that I would have to pull a shirt over my hair and make-up. So a friend helped me get undressed and redressed. We pinned where the dress needed to be pin. Put on a tiara and special shoes and voila. Ms. Jennifer turned into Princess Belle.

Wow. It's all I can say. Simply Beautiful.

No comments: