Thursday, December 17, 2009

Temptations

Go ahead fess up. How many of you have ever been tempted to open up your Christmas gifts a tad early? When you were children ... how many wanted to find the hiding spot in your parent's closet to take a sneak peek of gifts? How many actually did? (Hi Mom, I tried to find them, but you hid them really well and I was really short)

Well since I've become married, I can count on one hand finger how many times my husband and I have waited until Christmas morning to open up our presents. We have no patience. It has nothing to do with us wanting to open up our own gifts, but we want to see the look on our spouse's face when they see the special things we've picked out for them.

One year when I was at my sickest, we did something even more unconventional. I bought all my presents, he bought all of his presents, we wrapped our own gifts and then that morning it was a surprise about what the other picked for themselves.

I am determined to wait until Christmas morning. I have 8 nights to be patient make my husband be patient. A few weeks ago, we purchased an elliptical machine to replace his recumbent bike. Since this was such a pricey item, we decided that no more money would be spent on his Christmas. So he has three items under the tree to open. Now I on the other hand have quite a few. Every night Rob says, "You want to open up just one?"

Now presents are like Pringles: You can't have just one! He'd hand me one. I'd open it and then he'd hand me another. I'd open it. Then he'd have to open one. Then I'd have to open another. It happens this way every year. This year, I am determined to resist temptations.

1 comment:

Kara said...

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing it with us. Wow! Your very own GPS. Finding yourself somewhere you don't belong will be a thing of the past!!

Before we had children, my husband and I had several unconventional Christmases. They were fun! And we treasure the memories. I'm sure you treasure yours as well. Hugs, Kara