Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dozen

Dozen

Twelve

Two times Six

Two to the Third Power Plus Four

Three Squared Plus Three

Twelve is a very important number. Twelve is the number of years I went undiagnosed with Lyme Disease. But now I have another thing that equals 12.

After years of debating, hesitating and waiting, Rob saw an open door and took a chance. I had just ended a relationship with someone I cared for deeply, but I knew that the relationship wasn't going to be a long term one that led to marriage. He found out about the break up and asked me to go out with him. Even though I suspected that he would ask, I was surprised that he asked me so quickly. I decided I had to *think* about it and asked him to give me 24 hours. So over the next 24 hours, I composed a very long and detailed response in which I described every single reason it would not work. While I won't recount all of those reasons (nor do I remember most of them), one was a huge one. We lived over 300 miles apart from each other and I didn't see how a long distance relationship would work.

However, I took a chance knowing that he would probably be the "rebound" guy and at the end of the email I said, "Yes I will go out with you." This rebound guy has been with me the last twelve years. He has seen me at my very worst. I am glad that I have spend the last dozen years with Rob. He has made the last two times six years very tolerable even through the worst of times! Can't wait to see what happens in the next Three Squared Plus Three

No comments: