Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Die Off Reaction

This is my second week of the cycle of antibiotics.  It is when I feel worse and this week is no difference.  During each cycle, the die off reaction should be reducing.  However during this cycle, I added a new antibiotic.  It is attacking something that hasn't been attacked (don't ask what because I don't remember) and my die off reaction is large - Today, I just want to lie in the bed all day.  I just want to sleep, but the pain level is extreme.  I'm so used to the pain level that I don't recognize the peaks and valleys unless they are extremely high.  This morning I rolled out of bed and barely made it to the bathroom before collapsing in the floor resting ever so slightly until I could stand back up to make it to the toilet.  I was reminded in that moment of another bad day - The day that I wrote this: 

"collapse for another night of ...

pain, swelling, fevers, vomiting, nausea, coughing, pain, twitches, massive sleep OR insomnia, nightmares, breathing difficulty, fatigue, emotional outbursts, migraines, brain fog, difficulty swallowing, ear ringing, blurry vision, rashes, seizures, burning sensations in my arms and legs and feet, loss of control of my feet, muscle weakness, and those are just a few of the things that I can remember right now."

I was in remission for a while.  When I would take antibiotics for other infections, there was no die off reaction.  I was healed, but now - I have many of the things on the list above.  I felt hopeless than.  I don't feel that way now.  I know it can get better and that it will get better, but it doesn't make today and the die off reaction any easier.  

No comments: