However, we needed to add a new antibiotic to my regiment. We talked about it the previous follow up, but decided since I was quasi stable that I should just remain on what I had been taken.
What antibiotics am I on?
- Mepron - Yellow Paint. - I take this all the time. There are no "breaks" with this one.
- Omnicef - Two weeks on, two weeks off. Repeat. I think Omnicef is what is causing me to be cold - most of the time.
- Zithromax - Two weeks on, two weeks off. Repeat. Zithromax is the one that is most likely going to give me stomach problems IF I don't eat with it.
- Flagyl - take it on the 2nd week of Omnicef & Zithromax for two days and then off the rest of the time.
- Rifampin - is my new medicine. Many people told me that it would change my urine to orange or red. Boy they weren't joking. - It's like I'm peeing Tang or Orange Gatorade. It's not caused me any major problems, yet. It's on the same schedule at the Omnicef, but I can't take it with food - so I must take it about an hour before the other ones since I *must* eat with those or I vomit.
My biggest symptoms at this point are:
- Fatigue - can somewhat be controlled with b12 shots every 3 days
- Headaches - these are less severe than they have been in the past, but in the last couple of weeks they've restarted.
- Chills - I've been REALLY cold. I think Omnicef is causing a portion of this, but it happens even during my off weeks - the severity is just lessened.
- Sweats - again, this has improved, but it's still pretty bad. I can easily sweat through my clothes and it can lead to embarrassing wet armpits. (hey it's honest!) The sweat typically doesn't smell, but still embarrassing none-the-less
- Leg and/or Hip Pain. Most of the time the pain is in one leg or another, rarely both legs. And generally the other hip hurts - I think it's because I'm compensating for the pain in my leg with the way I walk.
- Muscle Weakness - The other day I tried to lift a 5 pound weight - and I couldn't do it with one arm.