Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Heat Is On

It has been HOT in North Carolina.  I've heard lots of jokes on facebook lately about faces melting instead of sweating, how their sweat is actually sweating and just in general about how hot it is out there.

Friday we reached a tied all time record high of 105.  This has only happened at our airport 3 or 4 times since the record keeping began.  Then yesterday, we broke another daily high and tied the all time record high temperature again of 105.  When we walk out of the house, the heat hits your face.  It's overwhelming.  You know it's hot when at 8pm at night the temperature is still in triple digits.

I try to keep the perspective that my army friend is in his army gear over seas where the temps are reaching 135 degrees, but honestly it doesn't help much.  Hot is hot is hot.  We feel blessed to have kept our power although it did flicker a few times on Friday.  For me, hot weather causes problems.  It causes me to feel downright lousy.   The best way I can explain it is that I struggle to breath and I feel icky inside.  I get out of breath from the front of the house to the mailbox. 

My husband and I have been in and out of the house since we moved.  When he's home, we're on the go.  We just really enjoy going out.  Today, we've pretty much stayed home with exception of about an hour when we left to pick up a curtain rod for the window in our ,non breakfast nook, breakfast nook area.

** House Update **

Slowly, but surely we are getting there.  The dining room looks awesome.  The living room is now functional.  My goal for the week is to get the bedroom looking awesome, which entails emptying boxes that are just in the middle of the floor. The secondary goal is to get my office looking better, which also entails emptying boxes or at least putting them in a location that isn't so obvious when you walk in the door that we've recently moved in.  Then I will feel like the first floor is company ready.  Our only big purchase for the first floor left is the heavy duty blinds that will help keep out light (when we want it) and heat.  We know exactly what we want, but have to wait a few weeks to order them.    There are a few curtain and rods that need to be bought too, but we'll wait for those as well.  As soon as I get the first floor organized, I will post some pictures of "before" and "after."

No comments: