Friday, August 5, 2011

My online friend Molly

So as most of you know in 2009, I was really focused on a second blog called Praying for Lymies. I haven't utilized it all this year and the other day I saw the original button for the blog on another person's fb account. It reminded me of the passion I put into the blog and made me want to reach out for more Lyme biographies and updating some old friends that I haven't talked to in a while. Imagine my shock when I talked to an old friend Molly and discovered her husband was battling cancer. I posted this on Praying for Lymies, but wanted to share it here too.




May 29th 2009, I featured Molly from Michigan. Molly is now 52 years old and I recently got in touch with her to find out how she has been doing. She began Rifing for Babeiosis. Molly thought she didn't have it, but her doctor felt that it couldn't hurt since it had been taking so long for her to recover. Rifing stirred up another monster and she herxed like crazy. She's been rifing for a year, but she's had some interruptions in getting truly aggressive. Molly is up to two Babs sessions per week. Molly's pain levels have improved as well as her overall health.


Last year, Molly lost two very important people in her life. It has really affected how her family feels. Then in early June, Molly's husband was diagnosed with stage IV Neuro Endocrine Cancer. This is a very aggressive cancer. Joe's Pet Scan showed that the cancer has metastasized to his entire body. This year has been very stressful and Molly's health as suffered.

Joe is responding very well to Chemotherapy and they haven't ruled out some alternative treatments. Molly says that while it may sound weird, she thinks he's going to be around for a while. They are praying for a miracle and aren't ruling anything out. Joe constantly displays a positive and friendly attitude which has kept Molly strong as well. Molly says, "He is an amazing man."

Please pray that Molly makes good decisions about her health so she can be well enough to care for her husband of 30 years. Please pray that if it is God's will that Joe be completely healed as well as his comfort during this horrendous journey.

No comments: