Saturday, December 22, 2012

Wishes & Resolutions

November of 2006, I was certain I wouldn't see November 2007 and now here it is December 2012.  While my health has been on a roller coaster journey since - I am so thankful to be alive. Some call them resolutions, I call them goals and/or wishes.   In the middle of 2007, my friend told me that I never smiled.  I thought, how can I smile when I've been sick so long without a diagnosis?  However, I pinky promised her that I would smile at least once a day - even if it was forced.  Here it is in December 2012 and I got told the other day that I'm the happiest person she knows.

In that same year, I made it a goal to reconnect with friends from my past in 2008.  I absolutely made that happen.  In December 2008, I wanted to continue with both plans in 2009.  To smile, to make others smile and reconnect with friends. Facebook was a big part of that, but in 2009 Santa gifted me a GPS and it made this happen in person more often in 2010 through current times!

In January 2009, I looked around and realized I had a major problem.  My house was disgusting.  I couldn't take it.  I knew I couldn't fix "all" my problems over night so I started off with the laundry. I had a system in 2009, but altered that system in 2012.  It at least keeps the laundry off the floor -

In January 2010, I didn't really make any goals or promises - I was just trying to maintain my smiling, keeping up with friends and keeping up with the laundry.

In January 2011, I made a goal to keep clean the master closet and bedroom.  It worked.

Last year I said, "My family has several wishes in regards to this wish. We will see if it can come true in 2012. While we love our home, there are several things that we would love to have and honestly those things wouldn't be easily obtained if we are where we are. So we would love to be able to either purchase some land and build our dream home upon it, or find a new home that we would easily make into our dream home. Either way, a lot of prayers would have to be fulfilled in order for either to happen."

I wished and prayed and it happened.  Seriously when I suggested this in December of 2011, I didn't really think we'd be moving - much less moving in May of 2012.  When you put your faith in God and have your mind really set on doing something - you get what you need. 

I've really done well at keeping my new house clean - at least the downstairs.  The upstairs is a work in progress. I wanted it to be "visitor" ready at a knock of a door or the chime of a doorbell.  And mostly it has been.  In 2013, I will just hope to maintain this level of cleanliness at the new house.  Keep up the smiles, laughter and fun with friends -

No comments: