Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in review

January, February and March 2011

The first three months of 2011 whizzed by. In January we spent the time organizing our bedroom and closet. It made me happy. They stayed fairly clean until the last 3 months of the year when Lyme sent me spiraling back into the depth of despair. I do have a plan though. Get it back to where it was. It will take some time, but I will get it there. I also celebrated my 35th birthday. It was hard to believe that it had been 5 years since my 30th birthday.

In February, I went through a whirlwind of grief. I discovered that a friend of mine had died of lung cancer. I retreated into a world of my own and did not post much on the blog.

In March, I discovered that one of my closest Lyme friends was a musical genius. I knew it, but didn't know it. I discovered Alisa's music. It helped me through some tough days. I took antibiotics for an infection for the first time in a while.

The second three months of 2011: April, May and June

In April, so much happened. It was a whirlwind of grief really. I'm the kind of person that when someone else loses someone they love that I hurt. I really empathize. Whether I knew the person or I didn't. Whether I loved the person for a lot a long time ago or whether I never even met the person, I hurt almost the same. So in April, we celebrated anniversaries and births and deaths of friends and family of friends. I had a lot of migraines. I attributed it to stress.

In May, I had the first UTI in ages. That sucked, but it opened my eyes to what was going on with my body. I restarted LDN to help increase my immune function so that I could help prevent anything that might be going on with my body. Unfortunately later in the year we decided it wasn't helping me much so I went off it. At home, we had lightning hit several things which meant we were left replacing a lot of things. On the health front, my picc line bumps returned with a vengeance. Yet another sign that something was up.

In June, I began swimming. I swam a lot. Also made a follow up with my LLMD. I found out my Dad was heart healthy.

The next three months: July, August and September

In July, I had blood work done. I also went to a Lyme Walk which was nice. I met some really awesome people there. I hit a high when I was told I was definitely in remission. I began a cream of LDN.

In August, it was weird. I spent a lot of time with friends, but I had started to take a Lymie Slide.

In September, I spent a lot of time buying new clothes. It was fun, but not. If that makes sense. AND I hosted a Lyme Lunch with all my Lyme friends. Oh it was very fun! However my health was taking a nose dive.

The last three months:

In October I began to have some serious symptoms which included terrible migraines almost every day. I went to UNC and to the fair. I got my first IV in a year and realized that I had indeed relapsed. I began to use the HBOT. I started some vials and began to herx. I was sad.

In November, I had my ear mole removed. It wasn't cancer praise God. I had another IV and we went to the beach on "Black Friday." I had many many HBOT treatments. They began to work miracles on my headaches.

In December, I quit my full time job and went on substitute status. My last full time day was the 16th. I spent time with my family and my husband. We went to Greensboro. We had fun with a college friend and his new bride. I had my 3rd IV.

2011 was filled with ups and downs. My health took a nose dive, but I was on it. Hopefully 2012 will be filled with increasing my health back to where it was earlier in 2011.

No comments: