Monday, March 7, 2011

cough cough sneeze

Because I'll have a long day of work tomorrow and because my head hadn't improved with Claritin or Zyrtec or Tylenol or any other thing and this morning was even worse, I decided to cough my way to the doctor.

I sound completely pathetic so if no one gets phone calls this week ... it's because it is down right frustrating to talk. When I left work today, I called over to my PCP to see if by chance they could squeeze in a sick visit. I was thrilled when they asked if I would be willing to see "K." "K" is the nurse practitioner that I saw before my diagnosis. She sent me here and there trying to find out what was wrong with me. Though I was frustrated with no diagnosis, I loved seeing her. She knows my "preferences." And what I mean by that is that she knows which antibiotics I prefer and she also knows that I prefer to do something else before antibiotics. So I went in today telling her about my symptoms. I knew that I didn't have an infection yet, but I also knew that within 24 to 48 hours I might.

I told her what I had tried (minus some special integrative things that she probably has never heard of) and what I thought. She investigated (looking at my ears, nose and throat) and told me that there was no infection (yet), but that she would write me a script just in case the tides turned. She also sent me on my way with 7 days worth of samples of Singulair ( I used to take it before Lyme during the seasonal times). I get to take this and hopefully it will improve. If not, then Zithromax will be my friend again. While it's not my favorite antibiotic, I know it works.

Gah! These pollinating trees are going to be the death of me. I think every bone in my face hurts. Hopefully the Singulair will work and I won't need the Z pack.

No comments: