Saturday, December 25, 2010

Waiting for a White Christmas



A few days ago, the weather forecasters predicted a White Christmas (SNOW) for the Triangle for the first time since like the 1940's. Crazy thing is that I do remember having a White Christmas in 1997, but that part of NC isn't considered the Triangle (aka the airport didn't get snow that day). And I can't remember if it actually precipitated that day or if twas the day before Christmas. Either way, It just might snow today. My county is predicted to receive 4 to 6 inches of snow. It completely changes my plans for tomorrow. Our family has a reunion the Sunday after Christmas every year. As a child, we often went. The memories of this reunion are a cherished part of my life. Playing Pinball with my cousins, whining over having to listen to Achy Breaky Heart yet again and eating my Granny's infamous mac & cheese and of course the elder folks saying with gusto how much we had all grown over the past year.

This is the first year without my cherished Grandfather. We had planned to go partake in the reunion. I wasn't going to take Granny's infamous mac & cheese (it takes almost 4 hours to get there), but I did plan on whining about Achy Breaky Heart and kicking my "lil" (who is now very big!) cousin's butt in Pinball. Oh wait, maybe not b.c now the younger generation has taken over the pinball machine.

Looks like Bing will finally get what he wants in the Triangle. A White Christmas.

No comments: