Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Time for myself

So my job comes with a few perks. One of those perks is vacation and sick time. It's not a whole lot of time, but I typically use it when I have doctor's appointments. Well this year, I didn't have as many doctor's appointment which meant that I had about 60 hours of vacation time left that I had to use or I would lose. So the past couple of weeks I've taken time off here and there, but it still would have left me with 40 hours of time that I would lose. So I made the decision to use a full week after Thanksgiving! This means I'd have 11 days off work in a row since we were closed the day of Thanksgiving and the day after. I have seriously enjoyed (minus the bronchitis) this time to myself. I've put up and decorated the tree, wrapped presents and just kind of relaxed watching Christmas movies.

Well yesterday I got the urge. I typically don't get this particular urge. In fact, I leave the creativity to my Dad. I took off to Michaels and picked up a few things and I'm covered in paint, ribbon and bells. My kitchen table looks like my parent's kitchen table this time of year. :O (No Offense Dad)

Anyways, it's been fun. :o) Minus the coughing, I'm feeling pretty good.

No comments: