Sunday, December 12, 2010

Prayer request for a friend

I had intended to write about what I learned on my last follow up appointment. Then I found out something.

My college friend sent me a message asking if I had heard about our mutual college friend. Well you see the thing is, I've been friends with this mutual friend since the first day of 7th grade. My heart hit my stomach as I learn a few details. The thing you must know is that my friend and her husband have been trying to have a baby since they got married. After years, they finally succeeded (with doctor's help). In November (about a month ago), she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Yesterday morning, her husband was off to work. He hit a patch of black ice and his truck rolled. He's alive. He has no brain injury. However, the wreck gave him severe injuries and he is paralyzed from the waist down. Doctors say that with surgery there is only a 1 to 2 percent chance that he'll move again.

We all know what prayers can do. Please pray for this family. A new Mom, a newborn son and his father. Pray for all of us in North Carolina that can't be with them physically because they live far away. I miss my friend and wishes she were here at least 3 times a week. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't think, I wish she were here so I could tell her about ... I don't get to see her often, but when I do ... it's as if no time had passed at all. My stomach churns for what has happened to her husband. Pray for his healing, pray for her understanding and for their beautiful baby.

I would share names, but some of our friends do not know this has happened yet. I would hate for them to see this on a blog before hearing about it on the telephone. Also I did not get permission from my friend to post this prayer request though I know she will appreciate that I have done so.

No comments: