Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekly Update

I figure if I'm going to slack off on the blog then the least I can do is post a weekly update on how I'm doing. 

  • Health - My symptoms have slacked off this week.  However, one symptom flared with a vengeance the day after I stopped my medications.  This hasn't happened in such a long time that it caught me by surprise.  I woke Monday morning with a small sore throat.  I thought nothing of it and went on my day.  The next morning I awoke at 2am with my throat so sore that I couldn't swallow.  My thoughts immediately went to strep, but with strep - I get a delirious fever.  I checked my temperature and it was normal. I got up - to find something.  My magical mystery drops. I found them and took them and only needed the first kind Tuesday to Thursday.   I'm still on the 2nd one.  I'm not sure if I've ever talked about these drops so I might as well share now in case I haven't
  •  The first bottle is called Bio Chlor Dox.   According to the manufacturer, "Bio-Chlor-Dox is a natural antibiotic that kills bacteria by supplying generous amounts of oxygen to anaerobes, which are organisms that do not require oxygen for growth and may even die in its presence. It is an effective antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal product. By administrating Bio-Chlor-Dox, the immune system is assisted in carrying out the normal body process of defense against invading microorganisms, with little or no toxicity to normal tissues."  Basically what it means - is that this supplement provides a lot of oxygen to organisms that don't need oxygen and therefore might kill them.  Whenever I feel like I'm coming down with something, I run to this bottle of stuff.   For me, I typically do 5 drops under the tongue twice a day until I feel better.  If I catch it early enough, I can clear it up over one day.    However, in this case - I didn't take it on the first day of the sore throat so it took me three days to clear up the throat issue.  If I'm feeling especially nasty, I might bump it to 5 drops 3 times a day.  I also use it if I've been exposed to someone who is very sick.  I'm not sure if it's actually doing something or if I just think it will so it helps.  Either way, I do not care.  It helps.  
  • The second is something I take when I get specific symptoms - (sore throat, itchy throat, itchy eyes - aka allergy symptoms) - It's Quercetin drops.  It is supposed to inhibit the release of histamine (aka a natural anti-histamine)  For me, it's beneficial because I don't get drowsy.  I squeeze up a dropper full and down the hatch it goes.  I take it a couple of times a day until the histamine reaction minimizes.  I also take it if I know it's allergy season and I want a little extra boost.  The unfortunate thing is that it seems very difficult to get.  So the last few times I've ordered it, I've been sent a message saying the place I order it from is out of stock.  I keep a check and finally last week I realized it appeared the place had some.  I ordered it, they took my payment and it's on the way!  So I'm thrilled.  I can take it like I need to instead of decreasing the time I take it. 
  • Home - I've spent the last week really working on getting the house clean.  Since I had such bad back and leg pain the previous two weeks, I hadn't really done much in the terms of cleaning.  Since Wednesday was such a great day for me (minus the sore throat), I practically cleaned the entire downstairs of the house!  Fortunately, it hadn't really gotten that bad since I hadn't been able to move around much.
  • Advocacy - haven't done much on the advocacy website, but there are a few support group meetings this weekend. I'll attend one of them because the other is too far away.  Also been talking a lot with others about May Lyme Awareness Month.  We have a few ideas for May, but have to get some things in order before we can announce them.  We'd hate to announce that we were doing something and then the thing fall through the cracks. 
  • I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: