Saturday, February 23, 2013

So Quiet & an Update

I'm sorry I've been so quiet in 2013.  I wish I could say that no news is good news, but really it's been an excruciating month. I began a cycle of medicine with a new antibiotic and that antibiotic is kicking my hind parts.  I can't think well enough this morning to give a proper update so will bullet points some exciting and not so exciting things that have happened this year -

  • Excruciating back pain. It hurts up high, more so on the left than on the right.  Sometimes heat helps, sometimes it doesn't. Whenever I move suddenly or bend in certain directions, the pain increases.  Whenever I take a deep breath, the pain increases.  On Thursday, it was so excruciating that one of my friends that has never actually heard me in pain - heard it in my voice on the phone.
  • The new antibiotic seems to be working - well.  It doesn't make me sick perse, but it's giving me old herx reactions that I haven't had in a while. So it must be hitting a different aspect of the bacteria

  • I've gotten to hang out and meet with several Lyme friends over the last few months. It's always nice to be amongst friends that truly get it. 
  • House Updates:  We haven't really done much to the house lately, but we did get another twin mattress so we'd have room for two.  This will be especially helpful when my sister in law and niece pop in for a visit now that we've discovered they are moving to the east coast.  The other thing my husband did was expand the On-Q box in the closet. I don't really know what he did other than rip a hole in the wall, put in a bigger box, put some stuff in that box, and patch up the hole - 
  • Went to see a production of Annie.  A friend's daughter was one of the orphans and my Dad & brother played in the pit.  



No comments: