Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm no Betty Crocker

I probably have maybe 5 things I can make in the kitchen. I am no Betty Crocker. There is really only one thing I can make that is *really* good. This is the one thing that gets requested at "functions" (that I don't go to so I rarely even make). It's my Granny's special Homemade Macaroni & Cheese. Well recently I began reading a blog that made me go "YUM." I saw one thing and thought, "I bet I can make that." Now this rarely happens and even when it does, the "thing" winds up in a trash faster than it comes out of the oven. But, I decided to give it the ole heave ho and try it anyways. It's called Peanut Butter Marshmallow Krispy topped Brownie, but I think I'd have to rename it to, "Dr. P would never approve this Brownie."

I used the Brownie recipe that "Skinny Chick" used and wouldn't you know ... it turned out rather well. There are a few changes I would make should I choose to do this again, but turns out maybe I'm no Betty Crocker ... but her really bad cooking cousin Barbara who lucks up every now and again.

No comments: